Thursday, June 24, 2010

Six Degrees of Separation


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a fan of the Beatles and I can revel for hours in all sorts of Beatles trivia and detail. Thus I was happy to learn that my former client, Bruce Sugar, recently co-produced Ringo Starr’s recent album “Y-Not”. I know that Bruce had worked on Ringo’s past albums, but it was nice to see him receive a co-producer credit. My first law partner and I worked with Bruce more than twenty (20!) years ago on what was essentially a huge collection case where an independent label with major label distribution basically stiffed about a dozen musicians, engineers, singers, and even a recording studio. It was a long hard-fought case, but I was always proud of the results we achieved for our clients. It was also an interesting introduction to the intrigue and slightly skuzzy inner workings of the record business. But I digress. I think it is amazingly cool to see Bruce Sugar rise from those humble beginnings to such an auspicious, fab assignment.

No comments: